Ms. MacCormac practices primarily family law, in addition to her real estate and estate services. Ms. MacCormac’s key area of competence is negotiating successful family law settlements both in and out of court. She is a seasoned litigator with trial and appeals court experience. Proper legal representation both in court and out of court for family law parties is critical for anyone going through separation. The MacCormac Law motto is Don’t Go It Alone and Ms. MacCormac means it!
Ms. MacCormac is a tough, but compassionate legal advocate for you. She understands the unique and often tense nature of family law problems. Her aim is to provide clients with all of their legal options, while keeping a focus on the most realistic and cost-effective approach to resolving their case.
Education & Work Experience
Ms. MacCormac obtained her LL.B. law degree from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario in 2002 and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2003.
Prior to law school Ms. MacCormac worked for ten years in the fast-paced business world of Fortune 500 companies in Toronto and North America.
Ms. MacCormac completed her Bachelor of Arts majoring in Political Science at the University of Toronto, Erindale in 1992.
Memberships & Publications
- Called to the Ontario Bar
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Past President of the Northumberland County Law Association – (2013 – 2015)
- Recently published article in Law Times Magazine April 11, 2016 – “On Demand Court Counsel for the Self-Represented? A Revolutionary Change for Family Law”